I will start with the most common household name when it comes to sweets in the weight loss industry, Walden Farms.
- available at almost any supplement store
- have a variety of calorie free options (note: I have tried several and only like one, the maple walnut is fantastic)
- relatively affordable
- conventional thick consistency
- A plethora of different chemicals comprise these syrups, you can expect this with sugar free but often Walden Farms have a distinct flavor which can be quiet offensive. I did not enjoy the strawberry or chocolate syrup for this reason.
- can be hard to find online or in store in more rural areas
Next, daVinci and Torani sugar free syrups. I placed these two together because they are very similar. The only major difference is the flavors they offer. On another note, don't confuse these with the full sugar alternatives. These are both "coffee syrup" consistencies, thinner and more watery than Walden Farms.
- Easily available online through amazon (not all flavors are available, but they cycle through stock)
- A variety of great tasting flavors. I've really enjoyed almond rocha, hazelnut, and blueberry. I have diabetics in the family so I have tried many flavors in the past.
- Can be difficult to find in store, some pharmacies with specialty sections often carry a few flavors.
- Can be a little expensive. But the bottles are quiet large and the variety of flavors often makes it worth it.
- Taste fairly good in coffee
- I tried a couple flavors and would prefer other brands over them.
"The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves" - W.C. Fields