I planted some basil plants a few weeks back and they are finally to the point I can use them! I had some sweet potatoes I needed to use up. Sooo I sliced them up, sprinkled with chili powder and seasoning salt, baked them with olive oil. While they were cooking I decided to experiment with a dip.
I am not normally one to like dressing or dips but this is so stinking good I love the combination. The fresh herbs make it so tasty.
Recipe serves 2:
- 2 tbsp of mayo
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp of hot sauce (I used Frank's red hot)
- 1/2 tsp of Dijon (for dressings)
- 1/2 tsp of dill (freeze dried or fresh)
- Pinch of garlic (fresh or in oil)
- 2 fresh basil leaves (diced)
Mix it all together all together and let it sit in the fridge for 10 mins so the flavors can blend.
There you have it, a super easy, and very tasty snack for two!